7 November 2016 to 31 March 2017, with the potential to extend, availability of work dependent.
Main responsibilities would include but are not limited to the following:
- Handle check-in and check-out.
- Handle cash and credit card transactions.
- Review guest accounts to make sure the charges are correct.
- Control the room assignments.
- Assist with guest enquiries.
- Answer both in-house and outside calls.
- Communicate with other departments to yield smooth daily operation.
- Respond to emails.
- Handle room reservations.
- Assist Concierge, Bellman, Driver, and Ski Valet when necessary.
- Be able to obtain a valid Japanese Working Visa
- Previous hospitality experience is a plus.
- Passionate about hospitality service.
- Professional attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Team player.
- English is a must, and ability to speak a second language (especially Japanese, Cantonese, or Mandarin) is a plus.
- Around 40 hours per week.
- Roster will be made based on hotel occupancy, and you may be asked to work more or less hours and days.
- May require working on graveyard shift when overnight front desk receptionist is off.
- ¥1,200 – ¥1,350 per hour.
- Fortnightly pay
- 25% overtime rate for over 80 hours worked in a 2 week pay period.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm at night and 5am in the morning.
- ¥30,000 additional bonus at the end of the season (contingent on performance).
- Each of accommodation arrangement is subsidised to bring you affordable housing.
- Single room, twin share (doubles for couples) or quad share.
- A Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Your pass can live in your ski and snowboard jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay to upgrade your pass to cover All Mountain.
- For those who do not require a lift pass, will be offered a payment of ¥20,000 instead.
- Cost-price on services offered by the hotel, including snowmobiling, back country tours, freestyle ski/snowboard lessons, transfers and car rental.
- Free ski/snowboard lessons (availability dependent)
- Incentives for concierge sales.
- Potential Sponsorship in the future